UIL Academics includes 20 different events for grades 2-8. These events span the curriculum and are designed to complement and expand upon what students learn in the classroom, both through learning specific subject knowledge, and through learning skills that are valuable in many disciplines. Approximately 3,000 Texas schools participate in A+ Academics, competing in more than 300 district meets each year. Students who participate in UIL gain skills in teamwork, gaining speaking, writing and test taking skills and an overall sense of healthy competition!
Typically, students begin signing up to try out for competitions early in the fall semester. Meets are usually held in January or later in the spring, depending on the schedule for the year.
- Art Smart
- Creative Writing: 2nd Grade
- Dictionary Skills:5th Grade
- Listening Skills: 5th Grade
- Maps, Graphs. and Charts: 5th Grade
- Music Memory
- Number Sense: 4th and 5th Grade
- Oral Reading: 4th and 5th Grade
- Ready Writing: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th Grade
- Spelling: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
- Storytelling: 2nd and 3rd Grade